Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lacking

Adjective, Absent or deficient.

Day 6 - A stranger.
I know now that your name is Bob, but I didn't until I scanned your coffee card and your name flashed up on the screen. Your name is Bob, and you were the highlight in my day.

You must be at least seventy. At first I was vaguely annoyed with you for coming to get your coffee during the five minutes of quiet we had for the day. But you chatted away, told me about your family and your plans for the day, asked me about school and just chatted while I made your coffee.

Then you paid and went to leave, but just before you did you turned around and said 'Thanks for the chat. You made my day.'

And that made my day. It was a hellish day. But those eight words cheered me up a little. Thank you Bob.

Leisha.

2 comments:

  1. I know hey. Everyone else was bitchy and horrible today. But he was so nice :D

    ReplyDelete