Thursday, June 24, 2010

Labor Party

noun, (abbreviated: ALP, in full: Australian Labor Party) major Australian political party representing the interests of working people and, in its ideals, located to the left of the political spectrum.

So... I wasn't going to blog today. But with all of the drama going on in the ALP, and the words 'Labor Party' being next on the list... It just seemed like too good an opportunity to pass up :P

Australia officially has a new PM. A woman for the first time in Australian history. So I suppose I as much as I say I'm not a feminist or anything like that, I do like to see women achieve. In any case, I am in support of her i think. And I think she'll do a good job.

Anywho... It makes me kind of scared. That I actually have to vote this year. But then I think about it, and can't even see how one vote makes a difference. Does it matter whose policies I support? Does it matter who I think should have power? Not really...

In any case, congratulations to Julia Gillard. Haha, it's kinda funny. Everyone seems to be a 'first female____'. First female PM, first female Governor General, first female speaker etc...

.♥.Leish
.♥.love.♥.laugher.♥.lullabies.♥.

No comments:

Post a Comment